Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT) today introduced two new MOTO Q products: the MOTO Q 8, the GSM version of the original award-winning CDMA-based MOTO Q, as well as the flagship, lightening-fast global quad-band 3G QWERTY, MOTO Q 9, which is available in Italy this week.
“The MOTO Q 9 was developed as a multi-purpose communication device that is easy to use and doesn’t compromise on experiences,” said Bruce Hawver, corporate vice president of Enterprise Devices, Motorola. “This smartphone offers state-of-the art voice quality technology, messaging1, speed, processing power, keyboard and display packaged within a sleek design for the modern consumer.”
The MOTO Q 9 is more than just a device — it’s a statement of power and personality:
- Messaging machine — Choose from eight messaging inboxes for your corporate and/or personal email including, Hotmail, AOL, Gmail, Yahoo! or other email providers, as well as SMS and MMS messages. The device is also equipped with instant messaging capability1, keeping you connected in more ways than ever with set-up in just seconds1.
- Speed racer — The MOTO Q 9 is one of the fastest smartphones in the world today, operating on HSDPA/UMTS at up to 3.6Mbps – providing instant browsing to your favorite sites. Synch quickly with USB 2.0.
- Power plus — With as much processing power pound for pound as many of today’s PCs, including its TI OMAP 2420 processor and 96MB of RAM, busy professionals can leave the laptop at home. Pre-loaded document editing allows you to polish your presentation on-the-go2.
- Ergonomically excellent — The core competency for this type of device is its messaging capability – email, text, IM and the key requirement is to be able to enter text as fast and as accurately as possible1. The redesigned keyboard on the MOTO Q 9 is revolutionary and the result of extensive ergonometric studies.
- It’s a great phone too — Leveraging Motorola’s expertise in RF technology, the MOTO Q 9 delivers the best phone experience you can get on a QWERTY handset.
- Loads of space for music and movies — With 2GB of optional removable microSD storage and 256MB4 of on-board flash memory, the MOTO Q clearly wins in this category, enabling users to store approximately 1,000 songs3 and over 10 hours of video (MPEG4)5. Thanks to integrated Bluetooth® wireless technology stereo profiles (A2DP and AVRCP) users can enjoy premium sound and voice quality wirelessly via a compatible Bluetooth enabled stereo headset and take calls all at the same time with just the touch of a button6.
- Ready for a closeup? — A 2.0 megapixel camera with 8x digital zoom and video captures life at 15 frames per second.
- Personalized — With thousands of third-party applications available, Motorola is designing customizable application bundles or “MyQ packs” based on a user’s personal preferences, designed to help better take control of life7.
- One-touch Access — Seven dedicated keys allow users to jump to any one of the core experiences with just a single click to the Web1, email, contacts, calendar, video/music content, camera and speakerphone.
- For the Enterprise — The Good Mobile Intranet provides a thin client secure platform to access SharePoint, corporate Intranets, and internal Web applications, and provides a standards-based platform to extend enterprise applications such as Good Mobile Messaging push email, SAP, Siebel, Oracle, and Remedy to mobile users through their MOTO Q 9.
- See the Light — The cleverest part of the full color screen is its adaptive display technology. Light sensors on the front and back help automatically adjust screen and keyboard brightness for optimum usability and readability and significantly help improve battery life.
- No Compromise Design — The MOTO Q family was crafted with the same aesthetics as the best-selling RAZR brand — that means slim and sleek.
The MOTO Q 9 will be available in Italy this week, and is expected to launch in other parts of the world throughout the coming months. It can be immediately pre-ordered at www.motorola.com. For specific regional availability and pricing, contact your local Motorola representative.
For more information on all of Motorola’s announcements today, please visit www.motorolalaunch.com.
Motorola is known around the world for innovation and leadership in wireless and broadband communications. Inspired by our vision of seamless mobility, the people of Motorola are committed to helping you connect simply and seamlessly to the people, information, and entertainment that you want and need. We do this by designing and delivering „must have“ products, „must do“ experiences and powerful networks — along with a full complement of support services. A Fortune 100 company with global presence and impact, Motorola had sales of US $42.9 billion in 2006. For more information about our company, our people and our innovations, please visit www.motorola.com.
# # #
Certain mobile phone features may not be activated by your service provider, and/or their network settings may limit the feature’s functionality. Contact your service provider for details. All features, functionality and other product specifications are subject to change without notice or obligation.
¹ Network and/or SIM card dependent feature, not available in all areas. Airtime, data charges, and/or additional charges may apply.
² The unauthorized copying of copyrighted materials is contrary to the provisions of the Copyright Laws of the United States and other countries. This device is intended solely for copying non-copyrighted materials, materials in which you own the copyright, or materials which you are authorized or legally permitted to copy. If you are uncertain about your right to copy any material, please contact your legal advisor.
3 Based on 4 minutes per song at a data rate of 128Kbps. Storage capacity is approximate and subject to available memory space and encoding method used; actual capacity varies by content.
4Available user memory varies due to the configuration of the phone, which varies by service provider.
5 Based on 2 hours per movie, at a data rate of 384Kbps. Storage capacity is approximate and subject to available memory space, resolution and encoding method used; actual capacity varies by content.
6 This device supports Bluetooth A2DP-Source, AVCTP, AVDTP, AVRCP-Target, BIP-ImagePush, BPP-SenderDev, DUN-GW, FT-Server, GAP, GAVDP, Headset-AG, HFP (1.5) AG, OPP-Client, OPP-Server profiles. In order for Bluetooth devices to communicate with one another, they must utilize the same Bluetooth profile. To determine the profiles supported by other Motorola devices, visit www.hellomoto.com/bluetooth. For other devices, contact their respective manufacturer.
7 MyQ Packs confirmed for US, other regions and markets yet to be announced
MOTOROLA and the Stylized M Logo are registered in the US Patent & Trademark Office. The Bluetooth trademarks are owned by their proprietor and used by Motorola, Inc. under license. Windows Mobile is either a trademark or a registered trademark in United States and/or other countries. All other product or service names are the property of their respective owners. © Motorola, Inc. 2007. All rights reserved.