Intel Corporation today announced the 10 winners of the company’s most prestigious award for suppliers, the Supplier Continuous Quality Improvement (SCQI) award.
The award, for outstanding commitment to quality and performance excellence in 2006, recognizes companies that provided products and services deemed essential to Intel’s business success. This select group will be honored at a ceremony tonight in Burlingame, Calif.
The 2006 SCQI winners are: Asymtek, A Nordson Company; Daewon Semiconductor Packaging Industrial Company; Disco Corporation; Grohmann Engineering; Hitachi High-Technologies Corporation; Moses Lake Industries (TAMA Chemicals); Nippon Mining & Metals Co., Ltd.; Senju Metal Industry Co., Ltd.; SUMCO Corporation; and Tokyo Electron Limited.
„On the 20th anniversary of Intel’s Supplier Continuous Quality Improvement program, we are pleased to recognize the world-class performance demonstrated by Intel’s SCQI award winners,“ said Bill Holt, senior vice president and general manager of Intel’s Technology and Manufacturing Group. „Their commitment to innovation, collaboration, and continuous improvement has resulted in strategic contributions to Intel’s technology roadmap.“
„We’re proud to recognize Intel’s Supplier Continuous Quality Improvement award winners for attaining outstanding levels of excellence in their capability and support,“ said Bob Baker, senior vice president and general manager of Intel’s Technology and Manufacturing Group. „These suppliers have demonstrated the commitment, innovation and results that set them apart from the rest of the industry. We congratulate them for their outstanding accomplishments and their focus on world-class performance.“
The SCQI award is part of Intel’s Supplier Continuous Quality Improvement process, which encourages Intel’s suppliers to strive for excellence and continuous improvement. To qualify for SCQI status, suppliers must score at least 95 percent on a report card that assesses performance and ability to meet cost, quality, availability, delivery, technology and responsiveness goals. Additional information about the program is available at http://supplier.intel.com/quality.
Intel will also recognize the winners with an advertisement in the U.S., European and Asian editions of The Wall Street Journal on March 27.
The SCQI winners provide Intel with the following products or services:
- Asymtek, A Nordson Company supplies automated dispensing systems
- Daewon Semiconductor Packaging Industrial Company supplies injection molded trays and thermoformed transport media
- Disco Corporation supplies precision singulation, wafer saws, polishers, and grinding equipment
- Grohmann Engineering supplies custom semiconductor placement and material handling systems equipment
- Hitachi High-Technologies Corporation supplies etch, metrology, nanotech and defect inspection tools
- Moses Lake Industries (TAMA Chemicals) supplies ultra high purity process and performance chemicals
- Nippon Mining & Metals Co., Ltd. supplies sputtering targets for physical vapor deposition applications
- Senju Metal Industry Co., Ltd. supplies soldering materials
- SUMCO Corporation supplies 200mm and 300mm polished and epitaxial silicon wafers
- Tokyo Electron Limited supplies semiconductor production equipment